Friday 18 March 2016

Tauranga

I got my number 1 hitch to date, I got a lift almost immediately from a guy who lives and works in Tauranga as a driller (machinery stuff). He was so kind and invited me to the builders yard for a cup of coffee. I spent maybe half and hour/ an hour with him and then decided to get to my hostel. I was stopped on the way by this man who proceeded to tell me to ensure I was out of Europe by the 27th of November 2016 at 1pm (NZ time) to avoid nuclear annihilation. He gave me a map of Angor Wat which "proves this is true" but only if someone tries to blow up the pope in Buenos Aires plus some other warning signs. So watch out people!
I went to Mt Manganui, a small dormant volcano right on the seafront which provided amazing views of the Bay of Plenty. Lucky the poor weather stopped and the clouds cleared enough to give me a fantastic view from the top.

I met a guy in my room in the hostel from Yorkshire, so now we're both going to hitch up the coramandel peninsula together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment