Thursday 31 March 2016

Auckland

Auckland was alot more fun than I expected. The day after I arrived I got a message from Daniel and Teddy. It turns out they were in Auckland and leaving the day after me. We hung out quite alot, just having a look at the city (a suprisingly large amount of homeless people) and walking around the lovely parks.
The 2 Sweedish girls I met in Taupo were also in Auckland, flying out the same day as me. So the 5 of us hung out together. Due to it being easter, quite alot of stuff in Auckland was shut which limited what we could do. But we all had a nice time just hanging out. We decided to go to a restaurant for our final night and found a really nice mexican restaurant that was quite cheap and really cool!
The girls were leaving at 4am, so we stayed up until then messing around. Luckily a few bars were open. But Daniel and Teddys hostel had giant jenga which was good fun.
On our final evening there was a beautiful sunset, which was a really nice send off and a great end to a fantastic journey through the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment